[DeTomaso] C4 Seats for Pantera and update on Gary Herrig

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Fri Sep 25 08:56:16 EDT 2015

I just wanted to add what I did with my mounting my C-4 seats.  Gary had
pre-drilled the seats mount holes for stock Pantera rails.  After
struggling time and time again with  my old seats to get them in and out
because getting a wrench under the seats to hold the nuts was such a tight
space, I modified my rails to have bolts welded straight up on the movable
portion of the rail.  The C-4 seat bottoms are easily removed giving easy
access to the 4 hand-tightened nuts. Seats can come out in about a minute.
Why would you want to take seats out often?  To clean under them and when
you need to remove your bulkhead.

I recall hearing that some bolt the passenger seats to the floor and I know
of one who does not bolt his driver seat in at all.  If you bolt the
passenger seat to the floor, you limit either the leg space or the ability
to recline depending on which you choose.  With the bulkhead reduction and
slider rails, my passengers have much more options for comfort.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Rob Dumoulin <rob at dumoulins.net> wrote:

> I heard back from Gary Herrig and he gave me the OK to publish his
> response below.

-------------- next part --------------
   I just wanted to add what I did with my mounting my C-4 seats.A  Gary
   had pre-drilled the seats mount holes for stock Pantera rails.A  After
   struggling time and time again with A my old seats to get them in and
   out because getting a wrench under the seats to hold the nuts was such
   a tight space, I modified my rails to have bolts welded straight up on
   the movable portion of the rail.A  The C-4 seat bottoms are easily
   removed giving easy access to the 4 hand-tightened nuts. Seats can come
   out in about a minute.A  Why would you want to take seats out often?A
   To clean under them and when you need to remove your bulkhead.
   I recall hearing that some bolt the passenger seats to the floor and I
   know of one who does not bolt his driver seat in at all.A  If you bolt
   the passenger seat to the floor, you limit either the leg space or the
   ability to recline depending on which you choose.A  With the bulkhead
   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Rob Dumoulin <[4]rob at dumoulins.net>
   I heard back from Gary Herrig and he gave me the OK to publish his
   response below. A
   A  I haveA semi-retired from doing upholstery because of the arthritis
   in my hands. However, I just made up a set of seat covers for a guy. I
   can cut and sew but tearing down the seats and putting the upholstery
   on hurts too much. I can make the seat covers for $200. plus shipping.
   If they wantA to buy seats and have someone else put the upholstery on
   they can call Fuptmore Corvette parts (auto wrecking) in Waco, Tx. They
   sell 1984-1988 C-4 seats cheap. I will only be here for one more month
   before I snowbird to Az. for the winter. I can't do upholstery there
   but I will be back in May.
   Gary Herrig
   [7]253-847-0351