[DeTomaso] headlight buckets sizes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 23 14:14:44 EDT 2015

In a message dated 9/23/15 11 00 24, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> All,
>
> Anyone have experience adapting early buckets to late fender openings?
>
> Believe early buckets are smaller than later buckets.
>
> Yes?  No?
>
>>>   I have Lori's #1765 here; her buckets are roughly 10x9 on the inside
and 9x9 on the outside.

My #3960 isn't here to reference the difference.   The size changed with
#2729 (with a dozen or so exceptions/oddballs) so somebody with an obviously
later car should be able to provide the dimensions--then we'd know for sure
if the early ones were larger or smaller.   They are differently different
though.

> >If early buckets ARE smaller,  perhaps perimeter welding of  a
> proper-sized wire and subsequent filler/sanding to proper finish?
>
> Anyone go down this path before??
>
>>>I think it would be easier to make smaller buckets big, than to make
bigger buckets small.

Easier still would be to just get the right-size buckets. :>)

   #2729 (with a dozen or so exceptions/oddballs) so somebody with an
   obviously later car should be able to provide the dimensions--then we'd