[DeTomaso] Tire Question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 23 13:55:49 EDT 2015

In a message dated 9/23/15 9 28 10, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> Michael: I'm looking for tires that are available for a sports car in the
> following combination
>
> Michael: 215-60-15 & 255 -60-15 / 275-55-15
>

>>>Why would you request such bizarre-sized tires?   275/55-15???   That
was a custom size used on exactly ONE automobile ever--the Aston Martin V8.
Aston Martin contracted with Pirelli to produce a small batch of P7 tires 20
years ago exclusively for them in that size.   What would inspire you to
ask for that size from Tire Rack?

The stock L-model tires were 205/60-15 and 255/50-15.   BFG makes them and
Tire Rack sells them:

http://tinyurl.com/ShorttTires1

If you want a bit more tire in the rear, BFG also makes a 275/60:

http://tinyurl.com/ShorttTires2

Summit Racing also carries these same tires.

If you want stock Pre-L tires, the Michelin XWX is what you're after, as I
mentioned yesterday:

https://www.cokertire.com/185-70vr15-michelin-xwx.html
https://www.cokertire.com/215-70vr15-michelin-xwx.html

Or, the optional 225/70 rear:

https://www.cokertire.com/225-70vr15-michelin-xwx.html

You're making this all way too difficult for yourself.   Just hit the
'easy' button. :>)