[DeTomaso] Tire Question

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 23:26:26 EDT 2015

I'm going to buy tires for my newly acquired set of campy single slots in
7" & 8". These will be primarily for serious shoes,and not for any kinds of
spirited driving.
There seem to be ZERO tires which are available in both stock sizes,
185-70-15 Front and 215-70-15 Rear.
Even Coker offers nothing.
So the question is, what are others using?
BF GOODRICH Radial TA'S
are offered in 205-60-15, would these rub in the front?
Rears are offered in 215-65/215-70
225-60/225-70
235-70/245-60
255-60/255-70
275-60/295-50

If the front is supposed to be 185-70 and you have to go +20 at 205/70,
then does one maintain proportion by adding +20 to the stock spec of 215-70
in the rear, thus 235-70.
Or simply use the called for 215-70.

What say you all?

Michael Shortt