[DeTomaso] Alternate possibilities to the Pantera

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:51:11 EDT 2015

I have been researching the period around when the Pantera was new,

including the challenge to produce the first mid-engined large-volume production sports car,

with Ford racing to beat Chevy with their mid-engine Corvette, and AMC with their AMX/3, to market.

As a side note I received fresh photos of a car that some may not know about - the Boomerang.

You know Giorgetto Giugiaro designed the Mangusta.

You know Tom Tjaarda designed the Pantera body to go over the Paolo Dallara chassis.

Now what if Giorgetto Giugiaro was turned loose to design the Pantera?

What did he envision the future might look like?

We are not talking about a prototype body but this is a running, registered, driving car.

On the Registry "cover" page (Member Main) is a link to the Giorgetto Giugiaro designed Maserati Boomerang.

Enjoy,

Chuck Melton

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp