[DeTomaso] New POCA Chapter

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:22:56 EDT 2015

> Greetings to All ,
>
> I am getting emails, texts, telephone calls, etc. regarding my efforts to
form a new POCA chapter.
> Efforts which were started many years ago and finally just recently
blessed by POCA,  long before efforts were made to resurrect the former
dormant -ish Southeast Panteras Chapter.
> As with all things seemingly unplanned, it seems that my efforts and
those of Southeast Pantera hit their respective stride at about the same
time.
> Let me categorically state that I have no interest in some kind of turf
war ( as has been rumored ) or contest to sign up members.
> I also have no interest in Florida at all, it is simply too far away to
be conducive
> IMHO to attract active participation from the membership I am seeking.
>
> i.e. My home to Miami is over 500 miles away / 8 hours of driving at
normal speeds.

> I live in Savannah, Georgia and the proposed moniker of our chapter is
Southern States Panteras. My primary target area for membership is Georgia,
South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama and Eastern Tennessee.
> All of which is within a 6 hour circle of influence and contains more
active racetracks that I can count, the incredible Great Smokey Mtns and of
course all things NASCAR plus a great many concourse events, shows and
loads of tech points of interest.
> We have no desire to be a sit in folding chairs while bench racing and
polishing crowd.
> As the founder of the twice run Detomaso Pantera Summer Summit, I have
already put together Pantera related rallys. Additionally I am a former
SCCA CSR champion, driving instructor and board member. I currently
teach/coach with HPDE group Hooked on Driving at various SE tracks.

> My plan for Southern States
> involves a smattering of concourse meetings, mtn rallys, Track days, tech
visits to cool shops, and plain old
> Get togethers throughout the year.
>
> I forsee a friendly, reciprocal and supportive relationship
> With Southeast Pantera. I would hope that their members would attend our
events and that they will extend invitations to our membership to their
events ( as they already have to me to attend the Lake Mirror Classic).

> We are seeking POCA members living in GA, SC, NC, AL, and TN to affiliate
with Southern States, all they have to do is notify Judy at POCA and its a
done deal.

> I hope this puts to rest any kind of competition BS, there is none. I
fully support the efforts of SE Panteras
> And hope they support ours.
>
> It is simply a matter of geography and trying to involve as many active
participants as possible for both groups.