[DeTomaso] Pushbutton doorlock and mechanism

Peter Menyhart pmenyhart at msn.com
Sat Sep 19 14:25:33 EDT 2015

Try fiat 850

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Charles McCall<mailto:charlesmccall at gmail.com>
Sent: ‎9/‎19/‎2015 11:06 AM
To: MikeLDrew at aol.com<mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com>; espeng at getmail.no<mailto:espeng at getmail.no>
Cc: detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pushbutton doorlock and mechanism

>>>The pushbutton itself, with the lock inside, is common not only to the
Mangusta and pushbuton Pantera, but is also exactly the same as the trunk
lock.   The housings are different for the trunk applications.

I don't know if they are common to other cars, but since the door/trunk key
is a Fiat part, it would stand to reason that the locks were sourced from
Fiat's suppliers too?   You would have to spend a lot of time looking very
closely at a lot of Fiats to know for sure.
******Mike, I had always heard that the trunk key was a Fiat part, but which
Fiat? I have purchased several Fiat locks (from Fiat 124 and 127) and
despite looking very, very similar, they don't work. I spent a couple of
months browsing e-bay and Fiat websites and was unable to find which model
was used for our trunks, if it really did come from a Fiat.

Photos of a lock from a Fiat 124 and a Fiat 127 from the early 70's. Close,
but no cigar