[DeTomaso] NPC: Calf title paperwork

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 17:45:34 EDT 2015

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

-----Original Message-----
From: audionut <audionut at hushmail.com>
To: Larry - Ohio Time <larry at ohiotimecorp.com>; detomaso <detomaso at poca.com>
Sent: Thu, Sep 17, 2015 02:34 PM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] NPC: Calf title paperwork

<pre style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt;"><tt>Hey Larry--

</pre><pre style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt;"><tt>
   Do you have possession of the car and a bill of sale?  If
yes, read on.
   (If not, you are in a pickle and hopefully you haven't paid
any money).

   Never mind DMV CA or NV or the used car dealer.  As long
as you have
   the car in Ohio, you can ignore them.  It is up to the seller to
report
   the vehicle as sold and you have no obligation to a former state
DMV.
   What matters is what Ohio requires to plate it.   As long as you have
   bill of sale you should be fine.  Check with your local DMV and ask

them how you title a car you bought "bill of sale only".

   In CA I have
purchased cars, motorcycles with screwed-up paperwork from
   other states or
no official paperwork at all.  All I do is toss the
   out-of-state paperwork
and take a handwritten bill of sale to the DMV,
   fill out their "bill of
sale" form and pay their fees.  Never had a
   problem getting a plate and
sticker right then and there.  Sometimes
   they need to look at the VIN,
sometimes they don't.

   This always works because documentation carried by
owners is commonly
   lost or destroyed.  Sometimes a seller will slack-off and
not report a
   vehicle being sold either.  All DMV's have a procedure for
dealing with
   this.  A bill of sale between you and the seller indicating VIN
#
   should be all you need.

   What any DMV is really looking out for is
that the vehicle has not been
   reported stolen and it would appear that you
are in the clear.

   Sent using Hushmail
   On September 17, 2015 at 9:32
AM, "Larry - Ohio Time"
   <<a href="mailto:Larry at ohiotimecorp.com">Larry at ohiotimecorp.com</a>> wrote:

     Ok guys I
pulled the trigger and bought a Jaguar from California and
     paid
     for
it. Today I get a packet of paperwork from the used car dealer.
     Boy this

is not how we do it in the grand old state of Ohio. Look at this
     mess.

1. I get a Nevada title for the car in the name of the lady who
     traded

it to a Honda dealer in Las Vegas. The back of the title is signed
     over
     California Auto Auction. Nothing is notarized.
     2. I get a small
form from Cal DMV "vehicle auction wholesale report
     of
     sale". It
shows the auction name and the used car dealer's name as
     buyer.

Nothing is notarized.
     3. I get a form from Cal DMV, "vehicle/vessel
transfer and
     reassignment
     form". Looks to be a bill of sale from the
auction company to the
     used car
     dealer.
     4. I get a form from
Cal DMV, "vehicle/vessel transfer and
     reassignment
     form" Looks to be
a bill of sale from the used car dealer to me. It
     is
     asking for my
signature and returned to them. It also asks for my
     signature
appoint the used car dealer to be my power of attorney to
     complete

necessary paperwork and transfer ownership. Hmmmm.
     5. I get a form
"contract cancellation option agreement" looking for
     my
     signature to
decline it.
     Is any of this normal? We call this skipping a title here and
it is
     not a
     legal thing to do. Do I just sign all this before the
car gets here?
     Did he
     really ship it yet?
     In Ohio a dealer
buys a car. He gets a title that has the back
     filled in
     with his
name, miles and a notarized signature of the seller. The
     dealer

transfers the tile into there name and get a new title. When it is
     sold
the
     same thing happens.simple.
     Larry (lost) - Cleveland
</tt></pre>

<pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>_______________________________________________

Detomaso Forum Managed by
POCA
DeTomaso mailing
list

manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links
above.
</tt></pre>
Audio nut are you saying you have had sellers allow you to ship a car out of sta
te to you before you paid them?
If so they are more trusting than a reasonable person would be
Usually a car doesn't move until the seller has had funds wired to his account

[2]DeTomaso at poca.com