[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 135, Issue 16

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:51:00 EDT 2015

Robert asked:
> Problem is that it must have a tiny leak as I see one corner
> on the bottom always being wet, but it is not enough to
> actually make the fuel drip. Are there any suggestions on
> best way to deal with this problem?

When I had my car repainted they had the tank out and
coated the inside to make sure it was sealed up. I don't
know exactly what they did but it sounded like a relatively
routine process to spray the inside and make it good as
new. I would expect there is someplace near you that
could do this for your tank as long as it is just a pinhole
leak. If you require a larger repair then take care of that
first then have it coated.

   --michael cox