[DeTomaso] Something is so wrong with this

David adin at frontier.net
Wed Sep 16 18:55:00 EDT 2015

Ok, here is a clue.

Carl agreed to fix a Nissan timing belt for friends (wife's friends).  Carl
built my hotrod 460 and really doesn't do repairs and such, the deal was
Carl would get the Nissan back in tip top shape IF the friends would buy his
Ranchero (302 autotragic).

Detailsdetails yadda yadda yadda --- Carl delivers the now good as new
Nissan and sees his Ranchero parked in the weeds.  What's wrong with the
Ranchero?  It quit.  Carl couldn't stand the suspense and went out and
opened the hood . . . big hole in the block.

Carl asks the "friend" if he checked the oil . . . ."Why would I want to do
that?"

By the way, the Nissan he repaired had a timing belt failure in 61,000
miles, again.  Why does Nissan suggest changing the timing belt at 60,000
miles?

It seems we (the merkin public) has brought all this upon ourselves . . . .

Cheers, off to the Silver State!