[DeTomaso] Something is so wrong with this

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Sep 16 12:42:19 EDT 2015

Back in the day, 1986, I owned an '86 Pontiac Fiero 2M6.  Fun and quick
car.  One morning, my battery was dead. The culprit was a faulty oil
pressure sensor.  The factory design had the car's fuel pump run as long as
there was oil pressure.  The ignition was off, car parked, but the fuel
pump kept running until the battery died.

I can only imagine a case where an accident shorted out the oil pressure
sensor and pumped fuel all over the place.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Dave <dave at damardirect.com> wrote:

> Same engineer source said " Ford had a faulty fuel sending unit design
> when he worked at Visteon.  The solution was to add a second faulty one to
> each car in hopes that at least one would work.
>
> Can't see the forest for the trees.
>
> Who's on first?"
>
> IndyDave

   Back in the day, 1986, I owned an '86 Pontiac Fiero 2M6.A  Fun and
   quick car.A  One morning, my battery was dead. The culprit was a faulty
   oil pressure sensor.A  The factory design had the car's fuel pump run
   as long as there was oil pressure.A  The ignition was off, car parked,
   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
     Same engineer source said " Ford had a faulty fuel sending unit
     design when he worked at Visteon.A  The solution was to add a second