[DeTomaso] Something is so wrong with this

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Sep 15 12:55:08 EDT 2015

Censorship!  The first sign of a free-driving society in peril.  What will
they do next?  Self-driving cars?

Rob

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Sean Korb <spkorb at gmail.com> wrote:

>    The F150/Explorer gauge question came over the Fordnatics list a few
>    years ago.A  It turns out people were calling in to the dealer quite a
>    bit because the oil gauge "fluctuated wildly" and the customers were
>    worried about their truck malfunctioning even though nothing was in the
>    red zone.
>    Now the "gauge" goes up to "normal" and stays there.
>    Problem. Solved.
>    sean
>
>    On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Richard Greenblum
>    <[1]Richard at richardgreenblum.com> wrote:
>
>      A  A There's another reason to add to the list.A  This is a very
>      car-saavy
>      A  A group of people.A  Most of those F-150s and Explorers will be
>      sold to
>      A  A people who don't look at the instruments, much less understand
>      them, or
>      A  A even care.A  I'd be surprised if they're there for any reason
>      beyond
>      A  A norm and style.
>      A  A Richard
>      A  A Austin, TX
>      A  A From: DeTomaso <[1][2]detomaso-bounces at poca.com> on behalf of
>      Larry - Ohio
>      A  A Time <[2][3]Larry at ohiotimecorp.com>
>      A  A Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 8:33 AM
>      A  A To: 'Kirby Schrader' <[3][4]kirbyschrader at mac.com>, 'Charles
>      McCall'
>      A  A <[4][5]charlesmccall at gmail.com>
>      A  A Cc: deTomaso List <[5][6]detomaso at poca.com>
>      A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Something is so wrong with this
>      A  A Kirby my Explorer has the "idiot gauges too", rat bastards.
>      A  A Lets look at this from a manufacturing side. The design and
>      programming
>      A  A code
>      A  A to do this in the computer would be a one time cost. If you
>      then
>      A  A eliminate
>      A  A the purchase, stock, supply and labor to install a sending
>      unit... well
>      A  A that
>      A  A adds up to very big money over all the vehicles made. The
>      person who
>      A  A came up
>      A  A with that one is a VP now.
>      A  A Follow the money, it's always about the money!
>      A  A Larry (has none) - Cleveland
>      A  A -----Original Message-----
>      A  A From: DeTomaso [[6]mailto:[7]detomaso-bounces at poca.com] On
>      Behalf Of Kirby
>      A  A Schrader
>      A  A Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:38 AM
>      A  A To: Charles McCall
>      A  A Cc: Pantera list serve
>      A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Something is so wrong with this
>      A  A Not quite as stupid, but..
>      A  A My 2001 Lightning, as well as many F150's, has an oil pressure
>      gauge in
>      A  A the
>      A  A instrument cluster.
>      A  A It always points to the same 'pressure' whether idling or at
> [...]
-------------- next part --------------
   Censorship!A  The first sign of a free-driving society in peril.A  What
   will they do next?A  Self-driving cars?
   RobA
   On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Sean Korb <[1]spkorb at gmail.com>
   wrote:

     A  A The F150/Explorer gauge question came over the Fordnatics list
     a few
     A  A years ago.AA  It turns out people were calling in to the dealer
     quite a
     A  A bit because the oil gauge "fluctuated wildly" and the customers
     were
     A  A worried about their truck malfunctioning even though nothing
     was in the
     A  A red zone.
     A  A Now the "gauge" goes up to "normal" and stays there.
     A  A Problem. Solved.
     A  A sean
     A  A On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Richard Greenblum