[DeTomaso] FW: Pantera THERMOSTATS??

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Sep 14 12:10:45 EDT 2015

Dear Joseph,

              FWIW, I use the Pantera Performance Center's modified
restrictor in my engines.  It replaces the stock brass restrictor.  I
was under the impression that it permitted a Windsor thermostat to be
used, which is more common and available than our dear Cleveland 'stats.
I wanted to make sure and I just called Dennis Quella.  He tells me that
their modified restrictor permits use of any SBF (or sbc) thermostat.  I
have used their restrictors for an accumulated total of approx 16-17
Pantera years between both cars and I have no cooling problems.

              So, the options would be to buy the rare Robert Shaw units
at some premium price due to scarcity; buy the Car Quest unit
recommended by Tim Meyer, a well known Cleveland expert or install the
PPC unit.

              The PPC unit is best installed during engine building on
the stand.  It would be a PITA to do while in the Pantera, IMHO.  It is
a small simple part, but awkward and tedious to do in the car.

                         Warmest regards, Chuck Engles