[DeTomaso] The oddest Supercar in the world....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 12:05:41 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

I was at the 24 Hours of Lemons race this weekend in Thunderhill, and the
team across from us had this ridiculous-looking city car parked in their
pits.   It is called the Tango T600 or something like that.   It looked like it
would topple over in a stiff breeze, and the aesthetics of it rendered it a
four-wheeled form of birth control.

Curious, I went over to speak to them and discovered that one of the team
drivers was the inventor of this thing.   I was shocked to learn how heavy it
was (weight added for stability), and even more shocked to learn that it
cost $240,000!!!!

That's because they are hand-built; if a manufacturer could be found to
mass-produce them, the costs would naturally plummet.

I was even more amazed to learn that this little thing, which I presumed
might top out at 45-50 mph, is governed to ONLY go 150 mph but is capable of
172!!!!

YOW!!!!!

Check it out here:

http://www.commutercars.com/index.html