[DeTomaso] Battery Tenders

Michael Arias vmichaelarias at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 23:29:21 EDT 2015

Darn, this thread is two weeks too late.  7 month old Red Optima, Pantera sits for two weeks, might have left the courtesy light on, maybe not.  No charge this afternoon, thankfully I just purchased an emergency starter battery, because after I got it started I drove it around for half hour, went to gas station and after filling up - nothing, not even a whir, blatt, click.  That battery was deader than any Walking Dead Zombie.  Got home (brought that emergency battery with me).  Put the Red Top on the battery charger and after 10 minutes its flashing "Bad Bat" which I assume means bad battery.  Needless to say, I am very disappointed and will be having a discussion with Auto Parts this weekend, if I can find my receipt.

Mike Arias,
Miami FL

PS,  Going on the Patriot Run, from Tropical Park Miami to Isla Morada (south of Key Largo), about 80 miles each way, it's supposed to be in honor of 9/11 and is supposed to be composed of Muscle Cars and Hotrods (last year it was about 200 mustangs)  I emailed the organizer and said Pantera OK? And he emailed back O HELL YES.  Taking that emergency battery with me (using the spare Red Top that was laying around in the garage and was holding a charge).