[DeTomaso] Photo of stock luggage area

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 00:39:24 EDT 2015

Thanks for the response Mike and Photos Car Guy.

I will try that, interesting that it sits on top.

I think I remember reading that in the frontal barrier crash tests, the
front mounted spare tire became a projectile thru the front windshield.

Thanks,

Michael

-------------- next part --------------
   Thanks for the response Mike and Photos Car Guy.

   I will try that, interesting that it sits on top.

   I think I remember reading that in the frontal barrier crash tests, the
   front mounted spare tire became a projectile thru the front windshield.

   Thanks,

   Michael

     Does anybody have a photo of a stock front boot and rear luggage
     area.
     1660 has the rear insert without a spare tire area and,I recently
     acquired
     one with the spare inset.
     I have an orginal spare, there is no way it would fit in that
     recess.
     Lastly, where were the tool kit and air cannister stored, upfront or
     in the
     back?
     >>>Michael,
     You'd be surprised.A  The spare tire is a perfect fit in the right
     rear corner of the trunk.A  It doesn't fit inside the depression,
     but rather on top of it.A  Just drop the trunk into your own car,
     then rest the spare in position and you'll see how perfect it is.
     The depression is designed to hold the inflation canister, plus
     whatever else you care to throw in there.A  I believe conventionally
     the tool kit was carried up front, but there is no specific 'home'
     for it as there is for the spare.
     The early Euro cars carried the spare up front.A  Interestingly,
     they were about an inch narrower than the spares fitted to the
     '72-74 cars, and those later spares are too tall to fit up front.A
     I can only assume that the early US cars, which had no specific
     provisions for the spare in the rear, were equipped like the Euro
     cars?A
     I presume you have one or more of the 'Brooklands' paperback books
     on the Pantera, which compile period magazine articles.A  You can