[DeTomaso] Windshield Molding

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 07:46:14 EDT 2015

That was my experience too.

I used the rubber gasket from Wilkinson.  It fit very well.

My only issue was the stainless around the windshield, but the problem
wasn¹t the rubber.  The problem was the stainless.  My stainless is
straight where it needs to curve with the windshield. So, the top corners
want to pop out.

The slots in the gaskets are deep enough.  When you do the install, you
put the gasket around the glass, and then you put the stainless in the
gasket (in the slots).  When I did that, the stainless looked great.  Then
you put a string or wire in the lip of the gasket, and you place the whole
assembly on the car.  As you pull the string inside the car, it pulls the
rubber lip around the metal lip on the car.

Once I did that part of the install, the top corners of the stainless
wanted to pop out.  I was able to get them mostly pushed back in, but it
took a lot of effort.  You have to be very careful.  The stainless is very
thin, so I suspect that if you apply too much pressure, it will destroy
the stainless.