[DeTomaso] New Pre L Early and Late Carpet Sets Available.

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 07:43:58 EDT 2015

I took the opportunity to have patterns made from the NEW NOS Carpet sets I
recently had from the parts stash, then I found a local, highly rated shop
that was willing to make them for me.
There are two styles, EARLY  ( consists of 8 pieces, 2 under the seat
sections, 2 forward footwell sections ( drivers side with pedal pad ), 2
rocker sections and 2 sidewall front footwell pieces) and Secondly, a set
for LATE Pre-L (which may also fit an L, I'm not sure).
This updated design combines the Under seat section, the forward footwell
section ( drivers side with petal pad )  and the rocker section in one big
piece per side ( with 2 pieces per car ).
The shop I selected has a charcoal grey carpet that is a near match to the
original Ford NOS carpet, plus black and they can also do custom colors (
+$50.00 )
All the pieces will be bound on the edges just like the originals in a
matching binding.
Having bought a carpet set myself
from one of our vendors several years ago (
www.michaelspantera.com/Carpet.htm ), it is safe to say these new sets
copied from the original design that offer +edge binding,  + drivers side
pedal pad, + a color option is a superior deal to what I bought.
If you need carpet, I have listed both designs under "gmcvtx" on eBay.

Thanks,

Michael

I may very well take mine out and put one of these in.