[DeTomaso] SSCC... Here we GO!!!!!

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 21:11:39 EDT 2015

I'm quite excited and can't wait as I've been invited back to Silver State Classic Challenge in just a couple weeks.  Who out there dares me to be Mad Dawg's navigator?  Ok... I know a few of you (old and new Board members for that matter) will gladly send me off, hopefully with your blessings. : )  But.... I've got a few reservations, not because of Mad Dawg's driving ability which I have TOTAL faith in... or his car which is being checked out and renewed to perfection and will be a magnificent original black just like the day I met him at Willow Springs probably before those of you in the new POCA generation, were even born .... but I have to dealwith the upgraded requirements I need for clothing, helmet, gloves, shoes, etc. and with Me, Myself, and I, just a wee bit of trepidation when I'M not the one in the drivers' seat.  Just stay tuned and you'll be in for surprises and lots of media coverage of this amazingly fun race.  The good times are about to roll with the always and ever so feisty Dawg, then Asa Jay who is our Team Pantera Racing President and mechanical perfectionist, then there's Mark, Bob and Dave, who just successfully finished the Sand Hills Open.  Between you and me, I'll be keeping my eye on that Dave (the Pope) I've just gotten this feeling he's one incredibly fun and crazy dude.   Then the other TPR members joining the team, as far as I know to date, John Bentley and Peter the German, both whom I adore and can't wait to see again... and our fabulous sponsor, Paul of Katch Environmental. It's going to be more than a BLAST!!!!  I know... I've been there, done that, and can't wait for my endorphins to kick in again, just remembering the beauty of Ely, Nevada, the camaraderie of ALL the 200+ racers, the incredibly friendly townspeople, all the partying, and especially because after the race I felt like Godzilla Woman and that I could accomplish any feat in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!  Hell, I'll even take dancing lessons from the Brazilian Girls.

xoxox Stay tuned.
Yours faithfully,
Laurie, Team Pantera Racing