[DeTomaso] Low Cost Pantera in Beverly Hills

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:27:41 EDT 2015

Alex Manos at BHCC is no fool, like him or not. I have spoken to him before
and sold him some cars. I had a good experience with him as a seller, but I
have heard some other things too. I sold him a 40's Rolls Royce and my
first Pantera passed through his hands before landing in western Europe. If
the price is that low, I would suspect it harbors complications. The rust
was mentioned. He buys and sells a lot and keeps up with the market.
Typically he is priced a bit on the high side...so consider that if you go
and look at this car. He does "stage" the cars too. that motor is not a
Cleveland...its either a 289/302 or a 351, hard to tell. no axles, no strut
brace. I bet he acquired the car with no motor and sat that engine in it to
make it look more complete. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels were just
sitting under the car and not carrying its weight. etc. Not that I fault
him for it, but all worth considering.

also my two cents.

Cullen

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Cullen McCann <cmccann1972 at gmail.com> wrote:

> image 11 of 50 shows something missing in the rear suspension for sure.
> looks like pieces of pipe holding the rear wheels in place. no control
> arms.
>
> Cullen
>
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Rob Dumoulin <rob at dumoulins.net> wrote:
>
>>    $21,750.A  Says it is missing some suspension parts
>>    [1]
>> http://classiccars.com/listings/view/712196/1973-detomaso-pantera-fo
>>    r-sale-in-beverly-hills-california-90210
>>    Rob DuMoulin
>>    904.476.8744
>>    [2]rob at dumoulins.net
>>    [3]www.kbsi.co
>>    [4]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
>>
>> References
>>
>>    1.
>> http://classiccars.com/listings/view/712196/1973-detomaso-pantera-for-sale-in-beverly-hills-california-90210
>>    2. mailto:rob at dumoulins.net
>>    3. http://www.kbsi.co/
>>    4. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

>> the links above.

   Alex Manos at BHCC is no fool, like him or not. I have spoken to him
   before and sold him some cars.A I had a good experience with him asA a

   On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Rob Dumoulin <[2]rob at dumoulins.net>