[DeTomaso] POCA Elections

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Sat Oct 31 19:38:06 EDT 2015

         Hello all !

  Well it’s election
time again for the POCA board of directors. Several offices are up for bid and
there are choices to be made this time around.
I commend all who are stepping forward to help steer this club into the
future with nothing but the best for our club in mind.

      Many of you know
me and my many years of service on the POCA board of directors as vice
president, president, and past president for 10 years or so.  I’ve seen a lot of changes over the years  take place for POCA. Most of them good and
some not so good,  but the club continued
on despite stubbing our toe every now and then.

        I have two
comments here and I will be as brief as possible.

     My first comment
is for the office of POCA President.  I
would urge you to consider casting your vote for Mr. Rob D’Orazio.  Rob has been the president of Foothills Pantera’s
 for 12 years. Rob brings to the table
all those years of working within the framework of POCA  and has over the years pushed for changes in
the way POCA does business and takes care of its membership.  I think he can harness all of his experiences
and dealings with POCA’s board and the governing of his chapter to make some of
the desperately needed changes  to help
make POCA more relevant in today’s digital environment as well as the
enthusiast world we live in.

          My second
comment is regarding the office of Membership Director.  Here I would urge you to consider casting
your vote for the incumbent, Ms. Judy McCartney.  Judy has been at this post for longer than I
can remember, probably over twenty years I would guess. At one time she was
replaced by someone else during an election cycle only to be called back to her
position to repair the damages done by the person who had replaced her and
singlehandedly rebuilt the membership program !

         I feel that
Judy McCartney has done an outstanding job in her position over the years even
when fighting life threatening health issues she still accomplished her duties.  It has been my privilege to have worked with
her for many years on the board of directors and recommend her for another term
as our Membership Director once again.

   It is up to each of us to vote our conscience at this time. The best of luck to all candidates! Thank you for your time.

                       Best regards,

                                   Leslie A.
Gray