[DeTomaso] Wheels???

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 31 10:04:04 EDT 2015

 Hi Tom,
    I may have mentioned this, but if I didn't, I have a plan to get things moving forward on the Panteras.  I want to get the suspension wheels and tires, on the 72, along with all the rest of the parts I can (engine block & heads, ZF, etc.) and get it on the lift, and get the 73 on the floor.  Then I can get back to work on the 73.  It has been just too hard to make progress with the 73 on the lift, just takes too much time.
    To do this, I need to get a set of wheels for the 72.  I want to use the same size as I have on the 73, which is a set of Wilkinson 17/18 wheels.  I have a client who owes me a favor, and is in the wheel business and friends with Chris Coddington.  Chris has a couple wheel designs I like that can be made with a desired offset to fit, but I need to pick one. I was tending to the 20 spoke design, but now I think I like the wheel with 5 pairs of spokes better.  It seems a little more masculine?  The 20 spoke seems a little to fancy?  What do you think?