[DeTomaso] Hood vent location

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 23:34:14 EDT 2015

You should probably wait for Jack to respond to this, since your friend is doing it to "assist with airflow" and it therefore deals with fluid dynamics.  My recollection is that the air is supposed to flow thru the radiator and then under the car.  A stock radiator has enough space behind it that flow should be fairly unrestricted as it does so.

What kind of radiator does he have?  If it is a big laydown rad, how much space is present behind it for air to flow thru it then out below the car?

If he is doing it because he likes the way it looks, that is another matter.  But I too would not cut up a stock hood.

Jim