[DeTomaso] Porterfield rear brake pads

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 20 11:10:52 EDT 2015

In a message dated 10/19/15 17 59 39, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net writes:

> Has anyone bought Porterfield rear brake pads for stock calipers
> recently?
> What prompts me to ask is, I found out today the price of re-lining old
> pads is $139, while new pads are $79.
>
>>>That seems very odd.   Did you confirm that with a telephone call?   I
would imagine there might be room for negotiation there.

> >So it's a high price for sentimentality, keeping the Girling "G" on the
> back of the pads.
> Wondering what kind of a "bump" Porterfield is putting on the back of the
> new pads, a weld blob or something like the originals?
>
>>>There is nothing so artisinal as the machined square/rectangular
protrusion that appears on the stock pads.   It's more of a weld blob.   Perhaps
it's just as functional, but I always thought it would be nicer to have a
proper bump.   Consider engaging them via phone and see what kind of
arrangements might be made?

> >FWIW the old pads I'm considering re-lining, someone on this list mailed
> me many years ago, finally getting around to it.
>
>>>Despite what you see on the news every day, this forum is a daily
reminder that the world is filled with good people, something you just don't hear
about often enough....

   In a message dated 10/19/15 17 59 39, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net