[DeTomaso] Porterfield rear brake pads

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Mon Oct 19 20:56:37 EDT 2015

Has anyone bought Porterfield rear brake pads for stock calipers recently?
What prompts me to ask is, I found out today the price of re-lining old pads is $139, while new pads are $79.
So it's a high price for sentimentality, keeping the Girling "G" on the back of the pads.
Wondering what kind of a "bump" Porterfield is putting on the back of the new pads, a weld blob or something like the originals?
FWIW the old pads I'm considering re-lining, someone on this list mailed me many years ago, finally getting around to it.
Thanks,
GD