[DeTomaso] For those who like engine builds

Kirby Schrader kirbyschrader at mac.com
Mon Oct 19 05:48:03 EDT 2015

I don’t know that you need a dual disk for the street.
I’ve used the standard style clutch with the three arms on 1661 for decades with no problem.
No effort reduction kit, either. :-)

Dennis Quella seems to use the dual disk clutches on the higher horsepower cars. Give him a call and get his opinion.
He did some work on the race car and he installed the dual disk McLeod. Tom Upton had a two that he wasn’t using, so I got them.
I put a new one on the race car and sent both used ones back to McLeod to have them checked out and they rebuilt them both.
Wasn’t cheap, but way less than a new clutch.

FWIW,
Kirby