[DeTomaso] A Pantera segment on StreetLegalTV

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:46:20 EDT 2015

Nope, it was 743,

Michael
On Oct 13, 2015 10:42 PM, "Michael Shortt" <michaelsavga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bogus numbers, first year total US cars were 741.
>
> Michael Shortt
> On Oct 13, 2015 10:21 PM, "Dave Londry" <davel at emspace.com> wrote:
>
>>    Dammit man, you read the whole thing in detail!
>>    I just did the "scan for flavor" and chucked the link into my
>>    references folder.
>>    I did see the
>>    "While the first 75 cars sold through Lincoln Mercury dealerships were
>>    imported directly from Italy, an additional 1,007 cars were built in
>>    the U.S. in 1971 and were notoriously plagued with quality control
>>    issues"
>>    I wasn't going to say too much about the build quality point, but I
>>    guess they were 'rebuilt' in the US.
>>    dave
>>
>>    On 13/10/2015 6:50 PM, Charles Engles wrote:
>>
>>    Dear Dave,
>>
>>                 Generally, a good article, but with one bizarre statement:
>>
>>                " Despite the engine being installed so closely behind the
>>    passenger compartment, buyers reported that it was actually the gearbox
>>    that made the most racket."
>>
>>                 I have never, ever heard that before. It is amazing what
>>    sources these automotive journalists have access to.
>>
>>                        Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

-------------- next part --------------
   Nope, it was 743,

   Michael

   On Oct 13, 2015 10:42 PM, "Michael Shortt" <[1]michaelsavga at gmail.com>
   wrote:

     Bogus numbers, first year total US cars were 741.

     Michael Shortt

   On Oct 13, 2015 10:21 PM, "Dave Londry" <[2]davel at emspace.com> wrote:

     A  A Dammit man, you read the whole thing in detail!
     A  A I just did the "scan for flavor" and chucked the link into my
     A  A references folder.
     A  A I did see the
     A  A "While the first 75 cars sold through Lincoln Mercury
     dealerships were
     A  A imported directly from Italy, an additional 1,007 cars were
     built in
     A  A the U.S. in 1971 and were notoriously plagued with quality
     control
     A  A issues"
     A  A I wasn't going to say too much about the build quality point,
     but I
     A  A guess they were 'rebuilt' in the US.
     A  A dave