[DeTomaso] Last Car Pictures

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:23:48 EDT 2015

Naturally I want to se them, and to add them to the registry!

Chuck

All,

I finally found the pictures from my visit to the factory in February or
March 1995, can¹t remember exactly which month it was.  I have a decent
scanner in my office an did a test scan of a few of them, and it worked
pretty well.

Unfortunately, I¹m in most of them (many were taken by an Air Force Public
Affairs officer, for what reason I¹m not exactly sure), but the subject
matters are:

1.  Outside and inside the factory.
2.  Dott. Ing. Giordano Casarini (factory manager).
3.  The DeTomaso cars before being prepared for the display.
4.  The last Pantera ever produced (according to Casarini), sorry no VIN.
5.  Customer cars being serviced.
6.  The test mule Guara (in which I was favored with a test ride--it was
incredible).

The role of pictures taken when I met with Mrs. DeTomaso was heartbreakingly
destroyed when I had the pictures developed.

Is anyone still interested in the photos?

I also found pictures of my red ¹71 pushbutton that I sold back in 1979 or
1980.  I bought it from someone who bought it from the son of a rich Italian
family who was attending the University of Houston and got in trouble with
his parents.   They told him to sell the car because they weren¹t shipping
it back to Italy.  It had ³ROMA² license plates, which I kept.  It was an
all Italian car with no conversions performed on it at all.  Haven¹t found
my paperwork with the VIN on it, but I¹ll keep looking.

Chuck Melton, are you interested in these photos?

If anyone wants to see them, just tell me how to post them and I¹ll do it.

Richard
Austin, TX