[DeTomaso] All Italian Car and Motorcycle Show Sunday - Alameda

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 21:40:16 EDT 2015

In a message dated 10/10/15 12 24 31, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net writes:

> I'm going to head toward the All Italian Car and Motorcycle Show tomorrow
> Sunday.
>
>>>We should be there too.   Check the newsletter for info on the pre-show
breakfast and post-show dinner.

> >Maybe this event was mentioned before ... I haven't been able to keep up
> with the volume of e-mail here, looks like I fell behind around 2013 and
> never caught up.
>
>>>It happens to the best of us!   Surprisingly, nobody has mentioned this
show until now here on this forum.

> >And with the demise of the paper newsletter, I have no idea what's going
> on locally, so have likely missed some important events.  Oh well.
>
>>>The 'demise of the paper newsletter'?   The PCNC newsletter is alive and
well, in fact we've NEVER missed producing an issue each month for the past
25 years, and it's at your fingertips 24/7.  Each month you receive an
e-mail message from the club notifying you that the latest edition of the
newsletter is available for viewing/download on the club website,
www.panteraclubnorcal.com.   If you want it on paper, it's as simple as opening it up and
hitting 'print'.   A few moments later, there's your paper newsletter.

Besides the fact that printing/mailing costs (which were driving the club
into bankruptcy) have been eliminated, we are no longer constrained by the
need to have only six sheets of paper, and consequently the newsletter can
grow as long as desired.   The most recent issue is a fair bit longer than
normal.

My snail-mail box is located down the street from my house.   Every day, I
have to walk down there to get my mail.   If one day I decide I'm too lazy
to walk down there and I'm not going to do it anymore, I won't receive my
mail anymore.   But if I choose to ignore my snail-mail, there's nobody to
blame but me.

Similarly, if you ignore the e-mail announcements you receive each month
from the club, notifying you of upcoming events and the presence of the
newsletter, and fail to go to the club website where the events are announced a
second time, and fail to open and read the newsletter where they are announced
a third, fourth, and fifth time, there's nobody to blame but you.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow--it's been too long!

   In a message dated 10/10/15 12 24 31, guido_detomaso at prodigy.net