[DeTomaso] Radiator installation

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Sat Oct 10 15:00:53 EDT 2015

Actually it is quite the opposite. Silicone hose will last virtually forever. That is why it is used in spite of the issues with clamping etc. It is important to use the correct clamps so that no physical damage is done to the hose. West Marine is one source of proper clamps and  the hose vendor that sells silicone hose should also have them. The European clamps that were originally used on my car are also good for silicon hose as the slots the screw works on are pressed in rather than punched through. It is the sharp edge of the holes that cause the damage. Forest