[DeTomaso] 15.300 USD Pantera on Ebay yesterday

Patrick HALS patrickhals at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:53:46 EDT 2015

Does anyone have info an that Pantera rolling chassis that went for 15.000
USD or so on Ebay yesterday ?
Look at the pictures, and you'll immediately notice there is a hole in the
dashboard for a ... clock ! Clocks were found only ( not quite sure ) on
GTS models, both EU and US..
I was quite interested to see how things went, because it has an alleged
original dashboard ( so described by the seller )  that looks like an
original GTS dashboard.
Does anyone know the VIN ? How can I identify for sure an L model from a
GTS ( US or EU ) model, apart from when there is an original dashboard with
a " GTS clock" .... Chuck ? Mike ? Any specific chassis info ?
This period was a shadowy period, as GTS 1974 models were discarded at smog
tests emission control in California in 1974, so de Tomaso decided to put
all remaining "old" 1973 chassis  as 1973, and not 1974, ( and no one seems
to know which was what, or what type it was ... )
I have an original Bill Van Ess registry in my archives, but it makes
things no clearer....
Enjoy digging  :>)))
Thank you all !
Pat ( Candy 2862 sleeping  - ADA 9628 at the ICU )