[DeTomaso] Candidate Statement for Judy McCartney

Ed Mendez edducati at mac.com
Wed Oct 7 01:16:14 EDT 2015

Kathy Buckman is also running. I also wanted to point out that Judy was actually training Kathy to take her place. So I believe that Kathy is all up to speed on the job as well.

The important thing is that there are two people running for this great club and we should be proud that we have such volunteerism, it’s what makes POCA great.

Here is Kathy’s candidate statement.

With best wishes,

Ed

CANDIDATE STATEMENT

My name is Kathy Buckman and I am a candidate for POCA Membership Director. I am the wife of POCA President, John Buckman. I am quite active in POCA activities; I enjoy attending various chapter events, various chapter monthly meetings, as well as car show events. I have traveled long distances with my husband to attend many POCA chapter functions in our 1971 lime green Pantera.
I feel that with my work experience of 42 years in the same medical office qualifies me in handling membership. I have computer skills in record keeping; posting, billing, and monthly financial reports in excel, as well as collection, tracking and marketing that is beneficial to the position. I also promoted the POCA Fun Rally in San Diego, CA by having direct communication with the POCA Fun Rally committee; selected the hotel and date with the help of an SDP member, did the write up on the proposal, as well as the itinerary. Bob Reid was quite happy with the selection after checking out the accommodations. I worked closely with the POCA Fun Committee, helped Judy McCartney with registration check-in and held the Powder Puff Pantera Tech session for the ladies. This year, I helped with registration check-in at the POCA fun Rally in Texas and the 2013 in Phoenix, AZ.
I feel that one of the duties of Membership Director is to promote new members and keep current members. As active as we are in traveling to other chapter functions, I feel that this is a very helpful benefit in being a Membership Director.
In closing I would like to ask all of you to consider me as your next POCA Membership Director and vote for me in the coming election.
Thank you,
Kathy Buckman
.