[DeTomaso] Brake lines

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 5 15:10:42 EDT 2015

On rare occasions, assembling a stainless AN flex line can slice a small piece of the inner hose while installing the "cutter" part of the end assembly. Such a flap then acts like a check-valve. Salvage the ends and junk the line- the inner hose will have been weakened if sliced. It may be possible to cut off the slided area and use the shortened line somewhere else... assuming the line is a take-apart. If swedged, the entire line is junk. This sometimes happens even on military fighter planes but they always test their lines under high pressure before installing. FWIW- J DeRyke