[DeTomaso] '74 Taillight Lens

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Nov 29 10:24:46 EST 2015

Thanks, Michael

Curiously, the diameter of the existing threaded hole is smaller than
the 4mm .70 tap.  That is why it seemed to me as though it may be
factory. Regardless, it appears no JB Weld would be required to prepare
it for a machine crew.

That said, I may be completely wrong and the wood screw has simply
mangled the orifice to create blockage of the tap with ultimately no
solid footing to cut it's threads.  I guess I won't know until I press
the issue with the tap.

JT