[DeTomaso] Magnaflow Exhaust for Pantera

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Thu Nov 26 17:15:08 EST 2015

Mike,

The Borla system was very loud at idle but pretty quiet driving down the
road at 60 mph.

Oddly enough, the guy ("Ken") who made Pantera East's systems was an
ex-Borla fabricator. While he worked for Borla, his job was to build their
"expensive" systems (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.) and do custom work on SEMA
cars, etc. He was never involved with the Borla Pantera system. The reason
the Pantera East systems were so time consuming to make was, Ken made exact
copies of the Euro GTS muffler halves with a hammer and dolly, from flat
sheets of stainless steel. At the time, there wasn't enough demand for
Pantera East to justify investing in a die, so the muffler cans could be
stamped. I had Ken make a set of mufflers for me with 2-1/2 inch internals,
as opposed to the Euro GTS's 2-1/4 inch. Unfortunately, in spite of my best
efforts, I've been unable to track him down.