[DeTomaso] Center Pad, was Re: Steering wheel values?

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 15:31:08 EST 2015

Guy,

I've never heard of a Hall replacement failing. I think Hall supplies the other vendors.

I don't know what you could do to tone down the finish. It looks like Armor All, and could stand to be flattened a bit. But I certainly wouldn't lose too much sleep over it!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

       <[1][4]charlesmccall at gmail.com>

       From: DeTomaso [mailto:[6]detomaso-bounces at poca.com] On Behalf Of
       Michael
> [...]
     Yes, that was my experience with my two Pantera L wheels in
       the late eighties-early nineties.  That is the bad news.  That
   vinyl
       plastic
       formula does not tolerate exposure to air for very long.
                     That being the case, IIRC one of our Scandinavian
       owners had a
       clever way to, umm, improve the remaining steering wheel with a
       relatively
       simple modification that concealed the unaesthetic central hub of
       the
       steering wheel.  Anybody else recall that with more clarity than I
       do?
       >>>The car I was working on a few weeks ago had the center pad
       removed, and the three spokes were wrapped with some sort of
       shrink-wrap material, with a large wheel center logo in the middle.
   use the links above.