[DeTomaso] Longchamp/Lincoln wiring help needed, part 2

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Nov 24 15:01:33 EST 2015

Larry wrote:  "This way one wire is telling the computer 4 operations over
the wire by measuring the resistance on the
wire.  I just need to rewire how my brain thinks."

Larry, This would imply that your brain is currently running
without resistance.   Just sayin...

Rob

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Larry - Ohio Time <Larry at ohiotimecorp.com>
wrote:

> Mikael,
>

> Working, and learning how to, work on my 03 Jag (kinda a Ford) I have found
> out that the 4 cruse control switches on the steering wheel do not switch
> power, but put into line different resistors. This way one wire is telling
> the computer 4 operations over the wire by measuring the resistance on the
> wire.  Kinda cool.
>

> Larry (never tooo old) - Cleveland

-------------- next part --------------
   Larry wrote: A "This way one wire is tellingA the computer 4 operations
   over the wire by measuring the resistance on the
   wire.A  I just need to rewire how my brain thinks."
   Larry, This would imply that your brain is currently running
   withoutA resistance. A  Just sayin...
   Rob
   On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Larry - Ohio Time
     Working, and learning how to, work on my 03 Jag (kinda a Ford) I
     have found
     out that the 4 cruse control switches on the steering wheel do not
     switch
     power, but put into line different resistors. This way one wire is
     telling
     the computer 4 operations over the wire by measuring the resistance
     on the
     wire.A  Kinda cool.
[...]
     .A  A  A  A  A Lo and Hi work as expected
     .A  A  A  A  A Delay, if I turn the knob on the Bosch delay I get
     the wipers
     doing 1/3 of a trip across the windshield, and then one more third
     etc.
     Entertaining to look at, like the French movie Traffic. In other
     words,
     there's not Park current available
     .A  A  A  A  A Off, here I can use the Bosch delay and only here.
     Well, off
     should be off!
     So I can get it all to work, but not in the logical fashion. I'd
     like the
     Delay on the stalk to automatically use the delay setting on the
     Bosch delay
     switch, and then I would only have to use one switch. Currently in
     varying
     rain I have use both hands to switch from delay to Lo or to Off. I
     know, the
     world has seen bigger problems, but still.
     If you've read this far, you probably have a Longchamp or a
     Deauville. To
     test my theory, here's a question for you:
     .A  A  A  A  A If you have a Longchamp/Deauville new enough to have
     the wiper
     switch on the stalk, not the rocker switch on a dash, AND you have
     the Bosch
     turn-a-knob delay, AND your wipers DO NOT behave like I described
     above,
     please let me know how your wipers behave in each position. Beware,
     I may
     ask you to tell me how the wires behind your Bosch delay switch are
     placed
     and what color.
     Did I mention I use this Longchamp for cross-Europe trips, not just
     for
     Sunday driving? When you drive in rain on German highways for hours
     and
     hours, you notice these things.
     Thanks
     Mvh/Regards