[DeTomaso] Longchamp/Lincoln wiring help needed, part 2

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Nov 24 14:58:12 EST 2015

The delay switch may be more complicated than that. If OFF provides parking
current, maybe it is a reverse relay that disengages when it has power,
thus OFF would turn off the parking relay, otherwise, parking lights would
be on.  Doing that makes it not necessary to run power to the parking
lights for both the parking and headlight modes. As long as the switch is
not OFF, the parking lights work..

Do the headlights turn off when the key is turned off but the parking
lights stay on?  This would indicate the parking lights are powered
ignition un switched but the headlights are ignition switched.

The delay wire may provide the bridge between both parking and headlights.
If a reverse relay would ensure power does not go to a timer unless the
ignition is off, the timer could control relays for the headlight and
parking lights. You could even incorporate the power that is only on if the
light switch is in the off position to only run the timer if the lights are
not already on.

Only a wiring diagram will tell you the full story as to how the switch is
supposed to be hooked up though..

Rob

-------------- next part --------------
   The delay switch may be more complicated than that. If OFF provides
   parking current, maybe it is a reverse relay that disengages when it
   has power, thus OFF would turn off the parking relay, otherwise,
   parking lights would be on.A  Doing that makes it not necessary to run
   power to the parking lights for both the parking and headlight modes.
   As long as the switch is not OFF, the parking lights work..
   Do the headlights turn off when the key is turned off but the parking
   lights stay on?A  This would indicate the parking lights are powered
   ignition un switched but the headlights are ignition switched.A
   The delay wire may provide the bridge between both parking and
   headlights. If a reverse relay would ensure power does not go to a
   timer unless the ignition is off, the timer could control relays for
   the headlight and parking lights. You could even incorporate the power
   that is only on if the light switch is in the off position to only run
   the timer if the lights are not already on.
   Only a wiring diagram will tell you the full story as to how the switch
   is supposed to be hooked up though..
   RobA
   On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Mikael <[1]mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk>