[DeTomaso] Thoughts about this fuel injection system ?

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 14:40:22 EST 2015

Maybe I am just unlucky, stupid, or a combination of both, but I always had
issues with carburetors after sitting a for a long time while the fuel
injected systems were a lot better (be it Pantera, Maseratis, edger, 4
wheeler, go cart)

I see all "new" cars (if u can call my 1989 Pontiac Formula new) having
fuel injection and starting a lot better after rotting for months, except
when bad fuel pumps also come into play...

-------------- next part --------------

   On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Bill Moore <[1]bill at incendium.com>
   <[6]larrys at panteraparts.com>

   [10]https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_

   <[3][11]kszwab at gmail.com>
   > >A A  wrote:
   > >
   > >A A A A  AA  A I am pretty sure I have the original cam...
   > >A A A A  AA  A On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Ken Green
   > >A A A A  <[1][4][12]kenn_green at yahoo.com>
   > >A A A A  AA  A wrote:
   > >A A A A  AA  A If you have a big after market cam it could be an
   issue.AA
   > >A A A A  Otherwise,
   > >A A A A  AA  A these seem to work well.
   > >A A A A  AA  A Ken
   > >A A A A  AA  A A
   > >A A A A  AA  A
   > >A A A A  A
   > >A A A A  AA  A From: Konrad Szwab <[2][5][13]kszwab at gmail.com>
   > >A A A A  AA  A To: DeTomaso Mail List <[3][6][14]detomaso at poca.com>
   > >A A A A  AA  A Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 6:37 AM
   > >A A A A  AA  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Thoughts about this fuel
   injection system ?
   > >A A A A  AA  A AAA  I am thinking to order this. Pro/con thoughts ?
   My mechanic
   [1][4][7][15]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-
   [5][8][16]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-inj
   [7][10][18]http://poca.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso_poca.com
   [14][22]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-inject
   [15][23]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-inject

   [34]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-injectio

   [35]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-injection-

   [41]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-injection-

   [42]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-injection-
   system-
   > >master-kit-w-inline-fuel-pump-kithtml/
   > >A  16. mailto:[43]DeTomaso at poca.com
   > >A  18. mailto:[45]DeTomaso at poca.com
   etc.) use
   > >the links above.

   A A  My car sits for long periods of time. I am hoping that a fuel
   injection
   A A  system will help with the slow starts, dying when idle issues.
   Lots of
   A A  extra power, better fuel economy are secondary to reliable starts
   for
   A A  me :(
   A A  On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Larry Stock
   A A  <[1][49]larrys at panteraparts.com> wrote:
   A A A A  I will put the Pantera Parts Connection PPC-700 double pumper
   A A A A  carburetor
   A A A A  up against any fuel Injection system. This is a true
   A A A A  street/performance
   A A A A  carburetor that comes with an electric choke that will deliver
   up to
   A A A A  50 HP
   A A A A  stock out of the box with a money back guarantee and drop
   emissions
   A A A A  and
   A A A A  deliver fuel economy of up to 20 MPG. This Carburetor offers
   unique
   A A A A  a 650
   A A A A  base and down leg boosters for low end response and unique
   Venturi
   A A A A  that
   A A A A  offers 735 CFM top end performance. Pretty tough to beat, so
   Why
   A A A A  mess
   A A A A  around adapting with a bunch of FI sensors when for $750 you
   can
   A A A A  bolt on
   A A A A  Horsepower and fuel economy. 1-800-DeTomaso (338-6627)
   A A A A  On 11/23/15, 9:14 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Brian Dudley"
   A A A A  <[2][50]detomaso-bounces at poca.com on behalf of
   [3][51]bd8134 at gmail.com>
   A A A A  wrote:
   A A A A  >AA  A These units are getting a bit of news at the moment.
   A A A A  >AA  A [1][4][52]http://fitechefi.com
   A A A A  >A
   A A A A  A
   [2][5][53]https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/
   A A A A  sniper_e
   A A A A  >AA  A fi/
   A A A A  >AA  A The Holley one is not out yet but the Fitech unit seems
   A A A A  simplify
   A A A A  >AA  A installation, regulator built in, no separate
   controller etc..
   A A A A  >AA  A I do not know anyone using them but a search and some
   forums,
   A A A A  the
   A A A A  >AA  A Fitech seems well liked.
   A A A A  >
   A A A A  >AA  A On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Konrad Szwab
   A A A A  <[3][6][54]kszwab at gmail.com>
   A A A A  >AA  A wrote:
   A A A A  >
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A I am pretty sure I have the original cam...
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Ken Green
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A <[1][4][7][55]kenn_green at yahoo.com>
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A wrote:
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A If you have a big after market cam it could
   be an
   A A A A  issue.AA
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A Otherwise,
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A these seem to work well.
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A Ken
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A A
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A A
   A A A A
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A From: Konrad Szwab
   <[2][5][8][56]kszwab at gmail.com>
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A To: DeTomaso Mail List
   <[3][6][9][57]detomaso at poca.com>
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 6:37 AM
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Thoughts about this fuel
   A A A A  injection system ?
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A AAAA  I am thinking to order this. Pro/con
   thoughts ?
   A A A A  My mechanic
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A says it
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A AAAA  should work.
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A A
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A A
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A A
   A A A A
   [1][4][7][10][58]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fu
   A A A A  l-
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A injection
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A n-s
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A AAAA
   ystem-master-kit-w-inline-fuel-pump-kithtml/
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A AAAA  Thanks,
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A References
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A AAAA  1.
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A A
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A A
   A A A A
   [5][8][11][59]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-
   A A A A  nj
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A ection-s
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A ystem-master-kit-w-inline-fuel-pump-kithtml/
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A
   A A A A
   [7][10][13][61]http://poca.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso_poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A To manage your subscription (change email
   address,
   A A A A  unsubscribe,
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A etc.)
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A use the links above.
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A References
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A 1. mailto:[11][14][62]kenn_green at yahoo.com
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A 2. mailto:[12][15][63]kszwab at gmail.com
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A 3. mailto:[13][16][64]detomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A 4.
   A A A A  >AA  A
   A A A A  A
   [14][17][65]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-i
   A A A A  njecti
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A on-s
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A 5.
   A A A A  >AA  A
   A A A A  A
   [15][18][66]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-i
   A A A A  njecti
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A on-system-master-kit-w-inline-fuel-pump-kithtml/
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A 6. mailto:[16][19][67]DeTomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A AAA  A 7.
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A _______________________________________________
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A DeTomaso mailing list
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A [18][21][69]DeTomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A
   [19][22][70]http://poca.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso_poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A To manage your subscription (change email address,
   A A A A  unsubscribe,
   A A A A  >AA  AA  A etc.) use the links above.
   A A A A  >
   A A A A  >References
   A A A A  >
   A A A A  >AA  A 1. [23][71]http://fitechefi.com/
   A A A A  >AA  A 2.
   A A A A
   >[24][72]https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sn
   A A A A  per_efi/
   A A A A  >AA  A 3. mailto:[25][73]kszwab at gmail.com
   A A A A  >AA  A 4. mailto:[26][74]kenn_green at yahoo.com
   A A A A  >AA  A 5. mailto:[27][75]kszwab at gmail.com
   A A A A  >AA  A 6. mailto:[28][76]detomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  A 7.
   A A A A
   [29][77]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-inject
   A A A A  o
   A A A A  >AA  A 8.
   A A A A
   [30][78]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-inject
   A A A A  on-s
   A A A A  >AA  A 9. mailto:[31][79]DeTomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  10.
   A A A A  >AA  11. mailto:[33][81]kenn_green at yahoo.com
   A A A A  >AA  12. mailto:[34][82]kszwab at gmail.com
   A A A A  >AA  13. mailto:[35][83]detomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  14.
   A A A A
   [36][84]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-inject
   A A A A  on-s
   A A A A  >AA  15.
   A A A A
   >[37][85]http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir-self-tuning-fuel-injec
   A A A A  ion-system-
   A A A A  >master-kit-w-inline-fuel-pump-kithtml/
   A A A A  >AA  16. mailto:[38][86]DeTomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  17.
   A A A A  >AA  18. mailto:[40][88]DeTomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >AA  19.
   A A A A  >_______________________________________________
   A A A A  >
   A A A A  >Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
   A A A A  >Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
   A A A A  >DeTomaso mailing list
   A A A A  >[42][90]DeTomaso at poca.com
   A A A A  >
   A A A A  >To manage your subscription (change email address,
   unsubscribe,
   A A A A  etc.) use
   A A A A  >the links above.