[DeTomaso] Fwd: What Headers match new Edelbrock 2V Performer RPM Heads ... ?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 02:56:28 EST 2015

When I mounted my GTS headers onto raised-port heads, the left side hit the tank. Its possible to slide the tank outboard about an inch using the stock hold-down strap. The heat shield may need a dent at the closest point, and by bolting the offending header to a spare head, then heating the critical pipe with a torch and bending it a little, clearance can be produced.

My problem was, after clearing the tank, the 3-bolt header flanges hit the stock spring/shocks. To fix that took a pie-cut in the small collector area, rewelding and a similarly altered exhaust pipe connection. Good luck- J DeRyke