[DeTomaso] Is there a grommet for antenna?

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 14:32:14 EST 2015

I think Panteras came with the standard Ford fixed antenna mast with the rectangular base (same as Mustangs, Galaxies, etc).

I've seen a number of creative ways to add a power antenna to a Pantera.   Sounds like you might have my favorite style where the antenna is mounted in the front fender and the top of the antenna has a flat surface (not a ball like is typical) that when it is retracted it fits flush to the fender and all you see is a circular clearance gap around the antenna top and the fender.  The antenna top is painted to match the car.  I don't know how troublesome it is to get everything to line up just right but the ones I've seen looked very nice.

As for me...my Euro GTS had the roof antenna mounted just behind the windshield in the center.   Makes the car look like a full size radio controlled car.  It didn't have a radio when I got it and I never intended to put a radio in it so I had the roof antenna removed and the hole filled.

Tom
5186