[DeTomaso] More tire talk about GT-5 Front tires

Arjun Ghosh-Dastidar arjun.ghoshdastidar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 12:30:43 EST 2015

I run the TB5Rs in 285/40-15 on the fronts and it is the hard compound vs.
the TB15 which is a much softer intermediate "rain" tire (hence the extra
grooving). The TB5s are essentially lightly cut slicks that are great in
the dry and damp conditions but suck if they have to clear water away.

If you are seriously considering TB15s, another option is getting the Avon
AV3101S in 10.5/23-15 (A11 compound) from Roger Krause and then have him
hand cut the slicks for you.

Picture from last weekend attached to give you a sense of stance.

-------------- next part --------------
   I run the TB5Rs in 285/40-15 on the fronts and it is the hard compound
   vs. the TB15 which is a much softer intermediate "rain" tire (hence the
   extra grooving). The TB5s are essentially lightly cut slicks that are
   great in the dry and damp conditions but suck if they have to clear
   water away.
   If you are seriously considering TB15s, another option is getting the
   Avon AV3101S in 10.5/23-15 (A11 compound) from Roger Krause and then
   have him hand cut the slicks for you.A
   Picture from last weekend attached to give you a sense of stance.

   On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Jerry Knotts <[1]knottsj at galstar.com>