[DeTomaso] 11th month, 11th day, 11th hour

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 11 12:49:50 EST 2015

If I remember correctly, it was Gen. Casey who presented me with my Purple Heart on
Firebase Terry-Lynn, Cambodia, in June 1970.  I could be wrong as there was a LOT going on!
What I do remember is we had to pull a lot NVA bodies out-of-the-way for a really shiny copper to land.
(4 beer story)
Gen. Casey died in a helicopter crash a month later.

Thanks to all my 11B comrade-in-arms for your service.  Many will never understand your sacrifice.

           Sgt Terry W. Himes
         1st & 5th Cavalry (Airmobile)
         1st Platoon, 1st Squad (1-1)  Grunt
         Vietnam/Cambodia, 1969-1970

[cid:569C72C2-B3A3-4BCA-A12F-CA061419160D]

"Sometimes I think the surest signs that intelligent life
  exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried
  to contact us!"

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
InSight Sequence Team Lead