[DeTomaso] transaxle

Tom Cabanski tcabanski at tencom.com
Tue Nov 10 16:30:38 EST 2015

Have always heard an occasionally clunk when I'm waiting at a stop light
with the car in neutral.

Thought it was a bad universal joint, but checking them seems to show
they are good & tight.

I now think that the ring gear bolts are loose or that one or more of
the bolt heads may have sheared off.

They have not been safety wired.

Is there an easy way to confirm?

Look for shaving on the bottom drain plug on in the gear oil?

Can you remove the anything while it is in the car to confirm?

Tom