[DeTomaso] FW: Pantera THERMOSTATS??

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 02:08:18 EST 2015

  Joe wrote:
……...I had some time today and I took some measurements of the Marlin Jack
   333 thermostat and the BK 825-1007 (330?)I got from M. Shortt. ……..

First off. Until he pulled the eBay auction, the thermostats M. Shortt was offering, as pictured in his auction listing, were NOT Cleveland-correct thermostats.

They did NOT have the hat.

They WERE high-flow.

I think the distinctions between high-flow, standard-flow and the ‘hat’ and ‘no hat’ versions of both got Michael confused, as it does for others.

The original, OEM thermostats for the Cleveland were BOTH high-flow and had the ‘hat’.

There is no present-day lack of standard-flow, Cleveland-correct, with the ‘hat’ thermostats. You can buy them easily.

The current problem is finding a high-flow version with the Cleveland ‘hat’. RobertShaw stopped making their high-flow Cleveland ‘hat’ version. They however still make the high-flow version, but it does not have the 'hat’. And other than the ‘hat’, it is the same as the now-obsolete high-flow Cleveland-correct version. Marlin Jack adds the ‘hat’ to these current high-flow versions, making them equal to the OEM high-flow with a ‘hat’ thermostats.
A high-flow thermostat is a more open design with a larger area open for coolant passage.

I posted a comparison photo during the last thermostat episode.

I’m attaching it again with this post.

Hope this helps.

Larry