[DeTomaso] FW: Pantera THERMOSTATS??

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Mon Nov 9 01:06:36 EST 2015

I’m resurrecting up this old thread. (or would that be beating on this dead horse again)

I had some time today and I took some measurements of the Marlin Jack 333 thermostat and the BK 825-1007 (330?)I got from M. Shortt.  I then tried to see if I could calculate the area changes that control flow as the thermostat opens.  Attached is the measurements and graphs of what I figured the areas to be.  Comments welcomed.

I do have a question, the Robertshaw are called “hi flow”.  Is that due to radiator flow is through the large diameter cup versus a smaller diameter plate in other designs?

My next project will be to see if I can plot opening versus temperature.  Has anyone ever done this?

Joe in NC