[DeTomaso] Electronic Delivery of newsletters / Profiles

Chuck and Linda Huber lindahuber at cox.net
Sun Nov 8 20:52:48 EST 2015

Terry - I agree that having the ability to search requires either metadata (if the scan is PDF), but all of the submissions I have made to the Newsletter (and Profiles) are submitted in Word.

This is certainly searchable, and / or could be converted into a text file.

There is POTENTIALLY a supply of the most recent newsletters that can be archived in a text / Word format (vs. the scanned PDF), although I don’t really know the process that Jack / Mike use to prepare the documents, so it is hard for me to say for sure.

Obviously this challenge cannot be solved by shooting a couple email back and forth on a listserver, but you, Terry certainly will remember these immortal words:

“We choose to <organize our POCA Data> in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.”

Certainly I agree with Jeff that a secure server (and a vibrant website) is a good (critical?) first step.

Regards –

Chuck