[DeTomaso] Electronic Delivery of newsletters / Profiles

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:32:56 EST 2015

I've sent out the 5 files to give everyone a feeling of what can be done
with the old Newsletters. These aren't all of them nor are they cast in
stone, just a good starting place. A little narrative follows so you know
where you are while looking at the web page.

*00 Tech Archives1 Contents by Functional Area*

  P1 This is the start of the section from here you can browse by
functional area, search by keywords, just look at recently posted items,
etc. You'd also be able to browse by monthly edition from another page not
in this section.
  P2  If you clicked one of the Functional Areas from the prior page, you'd
be brought here which lists all the articles that have something
significant about this area. I show 2 articles but there would actually be
many. To go forward fromhere you'd need to be signed in as a POCA Member.
  P3  When you click on article, this page comes up with info about the
article including name, a couple of lines of description, clarifications
and feedback.
  P4  If you clicked on the Article, it would come up in PDF format. You
could Print from here. To exit out of the article, just click the X in the
top right corner (not shown) From there it would take you to feedback page (00
Tech Archives5 Article Feedback) for you leave feedback if appropriate.

*00 Tech Archives2 Search Archives*

  P1  If you clicked on search from P1 in the prior section, it would take
you here. It would also be from here where we would index other sites like
Pantera Place, Chuck Melton's info(you'd still need to be a member there
and sign in there) and articles in old issues of Profiles magazine. Ideally
at some point, we'd index the POCA email forum as well.
  P2  Brings up the articles that match the search. I show 2 but there
could be many. Here's where the feedback and description give you a better
idea of what to choose.
  P3  When you click on article, this page comes up with info about the
article including name, a couple of lines of description, clarifications
and feedback.
  P4  If you clicked on the Article, it would come up in PDF format. You
could Print from here. To exit out of the article, just click the X in the
top right corner (not shown) From there it would take you to feedback page (00
Tech Archives5 Article Feedback) for you leave feedback if appropriate.

*00 Tech Archives5 Article Feedback*

  P1  After you read an article, you exit out of it and it will take you to
the next page.
  P2  From here you can leave feedback or return to the Contents by
Functional Area or Search Results pages
  P2  Leave feedback and then return to the Contents by Functional Area or
Search Results pages

*00 Tech Archives3 Indexing*
  P1  This is the form to enter keywords, Functional Area, etc. This is the
metadata about the article and the reason it works so much better than a
google search. It does depend on having an informed member of POCA enter
this information. It would take some effort but would make the search
function so valuable.
  P2  This is to give you a feeling of what a keyword would be.

*00 Tech Archives4 Issues*
  Just some thoughts on the process

We need this or something similar! Time to press POCA's Board to get it
done.

Jeff
6559