[DeTomaso] Electronic Delivery of newsletters / Profiles

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 17:10:38 EST 2015

Used to be that for decades, post office mailings  to foreign destinations cost more than the dues POCA charged by quite a margin. But there were less than 25 members residing outside the U,S, so POCA quietly absorbed the excess. Now, the number of members outside the U.S. has doubled; we currently mail to 13 countries. And for various reasons, the Board was enmeshed in long discussions of other issues for most of this year, so a dues reduction was not done, although I proposed it. A poor excuse but it's all I got.....

Now that the Election is half over and seemed to work well, and my experiment of sending electronic copies of the Newsletter to a limited number of members also worked (once I upgraded my ISP at my own expense & corrected a dozen bad e-mail addresses), the mostly-new 2016 Board can begin to address the dues question, as well as electronic Club mailings to all who'd prefer them wherever they live. A few in the U.S have already asked for this convenience and I accommodate them.

And if you'd like to officially volunteer for a position in POCA, note there is nothing in our Bylaws to prevent an overseas POCA member being elected (or appointed) as a Board member, just as a POCA Chapter formed outside the U.S is also not forbidden (the name 'Pantera Owners Club of America' notwithstanding, and we also don't require you to be a current Pantera owner). In the past, we had one Board member in the military who was stationed in S. Korea for a year, and although contact was not easy, he was able to perform his duties. The only real inconvenience seems to be the 6-9 hour time-zone change to our current far-flung membership, since POCA holds its monthly Board meetings by telecon.

Knowing that, i just wonder why foreign members pay more membership fees, than US members?