[DeTomaso] Sad news--George Barris died

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Nov 6 14:05:12 EST 2015

As I recall, it was sometime in fifth or sixth grade that I discovered George Barris.  I found a book about him and the story I remember most was of some Hollywood star who brought a peach to George and said "I want this color here," pointing to one specific spot on the peach.  It drove George crazy until he finally mixed a match the star was satisfied with.  The story finishes with George taking that peach out of the refrigerator and running it over with his car.

I remember it was a great book for boy about 12.
Asa Jay

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks